Sunday 6 November 2011

Analysis of album art

 Whatever people say I am, that's what I'm not - Arctic monkeys
I have decided to analyse this album cover as it is different from many I have seen before. The image itself is fairly simple yet can tell you a lot about the music inside. From the picture, we can see that there is a man of early 20's and smoking. The album artwork caused a lot of controversy due to the image of a man smoking. Many people claimed that it was telling people that smoking was alright and that the suggested that the band endorsed it. However in re-releases and in Japan the image has been altered to no have a cigarette.
I thought this album cover broke the normal conventions of an album cover as the title isn't actually displayed on the artwork but only the band name.

No comments:

Post a Comment